ACTUATOR SMOKE CONTROL DAMPERS SD-E120S
The smoke control dampers are used in ventilation and air conditioning installations from office buildings, industrial buildings, commercial spaces, hospitals, auditoriums andcompetition halls.
The smoke control dampers close/open automatically at the occurrence of high temperatures by means of an actuator. They must meet the following conditions: fireproofing (E), mechanical stability and maintaining their cross-section.
Our company produces rectangular dampers for smoke control in order to seal off gaps among fire compartments.
- Tested according to the EN 1366-10 standard, Part 10, targeting at the temperature resistance of the smoke control dampers.
- Tested according to the EN 1751 standard, regarding air losses.
- The classification procedure according to standard EN 13501-4 + A1
- CE certificate of performance according to EN 12101-8: 2011
- Declaration of performance pursuant to Regulation (EU) no. 305/2011
- Certificate of conformity issued by the manufacturer
DESCRIPTION OF THE CONSTRUCTION
A smoke control damperis made of: casing, locking element (blade) and a device for trigger and control, operated remotely.
The casing is made of galvanized steel sheet with a thickness of 1.25 mm.
Inside the casing there are the expansion gasket, the shutter blade, elements of the actuating mechanism, the sealing profile (for ensuring tightness at ambient temperature) and the fire expandable sealing (Intumex L-HP) in order to ensure tightness in case of fire.
The locking elements (opposable blinds) are made of zinc coated steel sheet, with 1 mm thickness. The blades have at their ends Ø 10 steel shaftsthrough which it is the performed the mechanism turning. Inside them itis inserted a 10mm thick layer of fire resistant material. This thickness ensures fire resistance for 120 minutes. For cold insulation it is applied type D rubber gasket on the length of the blade. For providing insulation at high temperatures, intumescent gasket is applied throughout the entire length of the blade.
The actuating assembly (consisting of motor and support) is mounted on the outside of the casing.
The smoke control dampersareequippedwith tip Belimo/Gruner type actuator, mounted on the shaft of the locking valve. When the actuator is supplied with voltage, it rotates by bringing the damper to the closed/open position.
The smoke control dampers with Belimo/Gruner type actuatorsclose or opendepending on the purposefor which they have been mountedin the ventilation system.
Triggering and control mechanisms: Belimo/Gruner type axial actuator, within the series of products intended for smoke control dampers.
The proper functioning of the smoke control dampers is ensured when the axis of rotation is the horizontal one.It is mandatory that in the area of the mechanism for opening /closing the damperbe ensured a visiting hatch.
The assembly of the smoke control dampers in the piping is carried out by connecting them with the angle brackets / vises .
Following a proper mounting of the smoke control damper, in case it has controls or other elements that require connection to the electrical system, the cables of this system must be properly connected to the smoke control damper.
1. angle bracket
2. housing made of zinc coated metal
3. opposable blade
4. motor actuating mechanism
5. cold and hot sealing gasket
6. open/closed driving mechanism
INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR SIZE
The interiorsize is the size of the damper. For example, aSD – E120S24 4NM500x400damperhas the horizontal interior size (x) 500 mm and a height(Y) of 400 mm. Usual sizes:
Upon request, there can be made SD-E120 smoke control dampers in other sizes than those in the table.
In order to know the overall dimension of the smoke control damper, on the X axis, it is calculated the interior size + 80 mm, representingthe exterior frame. To this dimension it must also be taken into account that on the side with actuator it is added another 60 mm over the outer dimension.
In order to know the overall dimension of the smoke control damper, on the Y axis,it is calculated the interior size+ 60 mm, representing the exterior frame.
The depth of the 120-minute smoke control damperis of 140 mm.
DECLARATION OF PERFORMANCE
|The unique code of the product||SD-E120|
|Purpose||The smoke control dampers are used in ventilation and air conditioning installations in 3 states:
1. They close for stopping the spread of smoke following a possible fire through the ventilation and air conditioning pipes, for 120 minutes;
2. They open to allow the absorption of fresh air;
3. They open to evacuate the smoke from the room.
|Manufacturer||SBI Steel Industry SRL, 13, Aurel Vlaicu street, Ilfov, Romania|
|Declaration of Performance according to EN 12101-8:2011 standard||Fire resistance according to EN 1366-2and classifications according toEN 13501-3|
|ESSENTIAL FEATURES||PERFORMANCE||TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS|
|Nominal conditions of triggering / sensitivity||COMPLIANT||SR EN 12101-8:2011 cl. 22.214.171.124 SR EN 1366-10 EN 1363-1|
• Closing and opening cycles: 300 cycles
|COMPLIANT||There have been carried out 50 tests of closing and opening previously to the fire test (EN12101-8)|
|• Fire tightness (E)||COMPLIANT||E according to SR EN 12101-8|
|• Leakage flow (S)||COMPLIANT||ES according to SR EN 12101-8
EIS according to SR EN 12101-8
|Durability of the response delay
• The response of the temperature-sensitive element and the bearing capacity
|COMPLIANT||The thermal triggering mechanism responds to high temperatures and the load capacity of the sensor is in accordance with EN 12101|
Where the significance of the codes is:
- SD – smoke control damper of rectangular section
- E 600 – smoke resistance
- 120 – fire resistance for 120 minutes
- Ve – The smoke control damper closes vertically
- Ho – The smoke control damper closes horizontally
- I <-> o – Sense of protection insurance: interior -> exterior and exterior <- interior
- S500 – Smoke tightness
- C300 – The number of cycles at which the product was tested
- AA – Automated control
- B – Width of the fire damper (mm)
- H – Height of the smoke control damper (mm)
Fire resistance according to the EN 1366-10 standard
Tightness class according to EN 1751
Example: SD–E120 – S24 – 40NM – 800×600
THE WAY OF ACTUATING THE SMOKE CONTROL DAMPER
In order to actuate the closing and opening of the damper blades for the smoke control, our company fits the product with a special actuator for smoke control.
Depending on the size of the damper, it can be chosen the power of the actuator. The fire-resistant fire dampers are equipped with Swiss actuators, made by Belimo or German actuators, made by Gruner.
After choosing the motor power, it will be opted for the operating voltage. This can be 220 or 24 volts.
DELIVERY AND ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTS
The delivery of smoke control dampers will only take place accompanied by the following documents:
– Document of origin
– Declaration concerning quality and conformity
– Declaration of performance
– Directions for installation
– Maintenance and operating directions
On the fire damper it is attached the product label specifying the product identification data (sizes, batch series, manufacturing date), as well as the CE marking number.
The beneficiary has to check the compliance of these data with those of the ordered product.
The warranty period of the product is 24 months from the date of signing without objection the document of origin (delivery note and/or invoice), but not more than 65 months from the delivery, subject to putting into operation according to the technical documentation and compliance with the conditions of transport, handling, storage and assembly according to the directions, as well as to carrying out periodic maintenance of a period of maximum 6 months.
- Handling of the product will be done manually, while complying with the labor protection norms regarding the weight and the protection equipment required for handling.
- The transport will be carried out in such a manner that during the loading/unloading and travelling it is not allowed to strike, bend or destroy the product.
- The product storage will be made in specially arranged places until the date of assembly. The storage area will be protected from the action of atmospheric agents.
- The assembly, operation and periodic verifications of the product/spare part will only be executed by qualified or authorized personnel.
- During the warranty period, there will be borne all costs incurred withfixing theproduct broken-down due to hidden material defects or manufacturing defectsthat can be proven.
- Notification of the producer by the beneficiary concerning the defect of the product within the guarantee time limit will be in writing (letter or fax) or by e-mail with the highlighting of the defect type as detailed as possible.
- It can be also provided guarantee against a fee for the repaired products or spare parts which are outside the warranty period.
The guarantee right will be lost if the beneficiary:
- Damages the product during transport or due to improper handling;
- Damages the product due to thermal, mechanical or plastic actions caused by fire, mechanical tensions, weathering or assembly not in compliance with the manufacturer’s instructions or the norms and laws in force, applicable in the field of construction;
- Operates the product in humid, corrosive environments, excess dust, limit temperatures, other than those for which it was designed;
- The product is operated by other persons than the trained/qualified or authorized personnel;
- The beneficiary is advised that, for the proper functioning of the product, to ensure the execution of regular maintenance operations, respectively checking the integrity and functionality of the components.
STORAGE AND TRANSPORT
For transport the smoke control dampers will be individually packed or grouped on a wooden pallet and wrapped. In the truck it will be ensured a protection against shocks. It is not advisable to transport in uncovered cars if the weather is unfavorable.
During transport, the blades of the dampersfor smoke control must be in the closed position.
Check the smoke control dampers at the goods arrival to see if there is any damage. In case it is found any damage or lack, please contact immediately the shipping company and the supplier.
For storage no special condition is required, but it is recommended a place that is dry and away from direct sunlight. The storage temperature cannot degrade the dampers.
Before starting the mounting properly, please read these directions for installation.
The assembly should be carried out by qualified personnel, such as electricians, HVAC technicians, or persons with technical knowledge.
Before mounting, the damper will be checked visually if during transport and storage it has or not not been damaged or if there are no materials or debris inside it that could affect the damper functioning.
It will be checked manually if the closing system is functioning properly.
Before mounting it will be checked that the two dimensions of the air passage section, the width and the height of the damper be identical to that of the piping where it will be mounted.
The smoke control damper mounting will be done by connecting to a section of piping. Its position can be at a maximum distance of 50 cm towardsa fire-resistant wall, either attached to it or inside the wall.
The damper is mounted on the ventilation piping by means of screws, M8 nuts and screw clamps (vises), after the sealing has been fitted on the union flange.
Following the installation, check that damper is functioning properly.
There will be fit up openings (visiting hatches) in ceilings or walls in order to have access for inspections or checks of the working condition.
Initially it will be cut an opening in wall with the dimensions below:
For mounting the smoke control damper is placed on amineral wool layer(density between 120-140 kg / m3 – e.g. ROCKWOOL mineral wool) of 50mm thickness. Fill the remaining sides with mineral wool. It is covered perimeter with fire resistant plates. Next to the actuator, a visiting hatch will be made for future inspections.
1 – Wall
2 – Fire resistant plate–for closing
3 – Basaltic mineral wool
4 – Ventilation grid
5 – Smoke control damper
6 – Ventilation piping
7 – Damper blade
8 – Actuator
9 – Metal housing for actuator
10 – Silicone for sealing
In the end, please check that the damper is functioning properly.
In order to ensure the correct and uninterrupted operation, the SD-E120 dampers must be inspected and operated regularly.
Rectangular smoke control dampers require an execution of service verifications every six months.
Controls recommended for smoke control dampers
|Checking the damages related to the wiring of the actuating mechanism (if appropriate)|
|Checking for damages related to the end switch wiring (if applicable)|
|Checking the fire damper cleanliness and cleaning if necessary.|
|Checking the condition of the blades and seals, correcting and recording if necessary.|
|Confirming the functioning of the safety closing of the smoke control damper according to the manufacturer’s instructions.|
|Confirming the opening and closing of the damper by means of the control system and by visual observation of the damper, correcting and recording if necessary.|
|Confirming the opening and closing of the end switches, correcting and recording(if applicable).|
|Confirming whether the damper fulfills its role within the control system (if applicable).|
|Confirming if the fire damper is in the normal operating position.|
Each check of the rectangular smoke control dampers shall be ended with an appropriate protocol.
Rectangular smoke control dampers are an integral part of an installation. It is recommended to check the system assembly according to the requirements for operating and maintenance corresponding to the installation.
The lifetime of SD E120 rectangular smoke control dampers is 25 years.