RECTANGULAR FIRE DAMPERS FD-EI120S
The fire dampers provide protection against a possible fire spreading through the ventilation and air conditioning ductwork, for 120 minutes.
The fire dampers are used in ventilation and air conditioning installationsfrom office buildings, industrial buildings, commercial spaces, hospitals, auditoriums andcompetition halls.
The fire dampers close automatically at the occurrence of high temperatures by means of a spring or anactuator.
Our company produces rectangular fire dampers in order to isolate the gaps between the fire compartments.
- Tested according to the EN 1366-2: 2015 standard
- Fire damper tested at PAVUS Fire Testing Laboratory
- Any direction of air flow
- CE certificate according to EN 15650: 2010
- Protection against corrosion according to EN 15650: 2012
- Air losses in accordance with EN 1751, Class 2
- Declaration of Performance according to Regulation (EU) No. 305/2011
- Certificate of Conformity issued by the manufacturer
The fire damper is made of: casing, locking element (blade) and a device for trigger and control, operated remotely or automatically after the thermal shutter is operated.
The casing is made of fire-resistant material, of (MGO) magnesium oxide board, with 18 mm thickness.
Inside the casing there are the expansion gasket, the shutter blade, elements ofthe actuating mechanism, the leakage sealing profile (EPDM silicone rubber gasket – type D) for ensuring tightness at ambient temperature and the fire expandable sealing (Intumex L-HP) in order to ensure tightness in case of fire.
The locking element is made of Fireboard (MGO) sandwich panels with a thickness of at least 36 mm (two layers of 18 mm MGO).
This thickness ensures fire resistance for 120 minutes.
The actuating mounting (consisting of motor and support) is mounted on the outside of the casing.
The fire dampers are equipped with Siemens actuator type, mounted on the shaft of the locking valve. When the actuator is supplied with voltage, it rotates by bringing the damper to the closed position (operating position), while tensioning the return spring.
The fire dampers with actuators close by interrupting the power supply, with the result ofdriving the return spring located in the actuator.
Triggering and control mechanisms: axial actuator type, from the series of products intended for fire dampers.
The correct functioning of the fire dampers is ensured when the axis of rotation is the horizontal one.
In order to be ensured the fire resistance of the separation element, there shall be observed the restraint limits – the rotation axis of the fire damper will not go beyond the wall.
Following a proper installation of the fire damper, in case it has controls or other elements that require connection to the electrical system, the cables of this system must be properly connected to the fire damper.
1. metal flange
2. casing made of fire-resistant material
3. fire damper door
4. motor/spring actuating mechanism
5. cold sealing rubber gasket
6. intumex tape
7. door stopper
8. open/closed driving mechanism
INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR SIZE
The interior size is the size of the damper casing on the inside. For example, a FD – EI120S 9NM – T 1700×800 fire damper has the horizontal interior size (x) 1700 mm and height (Y) of 800 mm. Usual sizes:
Upon the beneficiary’s request, the FD-EI120S dampers can be madein other sizes than those in the table.
In order to know the overall dimension of the fire damper, it is calculated the interior size + 60 mm, representing the flange of attachment in the wall. To this dimension it must also be taken into account that on the side with actuator it is added another 35 mm (for Siemens servomotor) over the outer dimension.
The depth of the 120-minute fire dampers varies depending on the Y size of the damper. In the case of the FD – EI120S 4NM – T 800×500 fire damper, the depth is of 400 mm, without the attachment flange. This depth varies as follows:
- 200 ≤ Y ≤ 250, debth = 250 (without the attachment flange);
- 250 < Y ≤ 300, debth = 300 (without the attachment flange);
- Y > 300, debth = 400(without the attachment flange).
DECLARATION OF PERFORMANCE
|The unic code of the product
|The fire dampers are used in ventilation and air conditioning installations and provide protection against a possible fire spreading through the ventilation and air conditioning ductwork, for 120 minutes.
|SBI Steel Industry SRL, Aurel Vlaicu street, no.13, Ilfov, Romania
|Declaration of performance according to EN 15650: 2010 standard
|Fire resistance according to EN1366-2 standard and classifications according to EN 13501-3 standard.
• When closing
|During the test, the fire damper closed in 2 min. According to EN 1366-2
• Closing and opening cycles of 50 cycles
|There have been carried out 50 tests of closing and opening previously to the fire test (EN 15650 cl. 4.3.1. a)
|• Fire tightness (E)
|E according to SR EN 15650
|• Insulation (I)
|EI according to SR EN 15650
|• Leakage flow (S)
|ES according to SR EN 15650
EIS according to SR EN 15650
|Durability of response delay
• The response of the temperature-sensitive element and the bearing capacity
|The thermal triggering mechanism responds to high temperatures and the load capacity of the sensor is in accordance with EN 15650 cl.5.2.5.
The FD-EI120S have the following classification:
EI 120 (Ve i <-> o) S
Where the significance of the codes is:
- E – fire tightness
- I – air tightness
- 120 – time that is ensured up to 120 minutes.
- Ve – the fire damper is closing vertically
- I <-> o – sense of protection insurance: interior -> exterior and exterior <- interior
- S – smoke tightness
Fire resistance according to EN 1366-2
Tightness class 2 according to EN 1751 standard
– with fuse and trip start/end contacts: FD – EI120S – F -2C – 600×400
– 24V motorization with thermal sensor:FD – EI120S – 9NM – T – 1700×800
THE WAY OF ACTUATING THE FIRE DAMPER
Our services provide two actuating ways for closing and opening the fire resistant damper. These are: fuse with return spring and actuator with return spring and optionally equipped with thermal sensor.
In the case of driving the fire damper door by an actuator, its type is chosen depending on its power and the size of the fire damper – see table below. The fire-resistant dampers are equipped with Swiss actuators, made by Siemens.
Correspondence between servomotors and power is as follows:
- 4NM power – GRA type servomotor
- 9NM power – GNA type servomotor
- 18NM power – GGA type servomotor
After choosing the motor power, it will be opted for the operating voltage. This can be 220 or 24 volts. Optionally you can choose to equip the fire damper with a thermal sensor, which will trigger the actuator at the set temperature of 72.
DELIVERY AND ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTS
The fire dampers delivery will only take place accompanied by the following documents:
– Document of origin
– Declaration concerning quality and conformity
– Declaration of performance
– Directions for installation
– Maintenance and operating directions
On the fire damper it is attached the product label specifying the product identification data (sizes, batch series, manufacturing date), as well as the CE marking number.
The beneficiary has to check the compliance of these data with those of the ordered product.
The warranty period of the product is 24 months from the date of signing without objection the document of origin (delivery note and/or invoice), but not more than 65 months from the delivery, subject to putting into operation according to the technical documentation and compliance with the conditions of transport, handling, storage and assembly according to the directions.
- Handling of the product will be done manually, while complying with the labor protection norms regarding the weight and the protection equipment required for handling.
- The transport will be carried out in such a manner that during the loading/unloading and travelling it is not allowed to strike, bend or destroy the product.
- The product storage will be made in specially arranged places until the date of assembly. The storage area will be protected from the action of atmospheric agents.
- The assembly, operation and periodic checks of the product/spare part will be executed only by qualified or authorized personnel.
- During the warranty period, there will be borne all costs incurred with fixing the product broken due to hidden material defects or manufacturing defects that can be proven.
- Notification of the manufacturer by the beneficiary concerning the defect of the product within the guarantee time limit will be in writing (letter or fax) or by e-mail with the highlighting of the defect type as detailed as possible.
- There can be also provided guarantee against a fee for the repaired products or spare parts which are outside the warranty period.
The guarantee right will be lost if the beneficiary:
- Damages the product during transport or due to improper handling;
- Damages the product due to thermal, mechanical or plastic actions caused by fire, mechanical tensions, weathering or assembly not in compliance with the manufacturer’s instructions or the norms and laws in force, applicable in the field of construction;
- Operates the product in humid, corrosive environments, excess dust, limit temperatures, other than those for which it was designed;
- The product is operated by other persons, other than the trained/qualified or authorized personnel;
- The beneficiary is advised that, for the proper functioning of the product, to ensure the execution of regular maintenance operations, respectively checking the integrity and functionality of the components.
STORAGE AND TRANSPORT
For transport the fire dampers will be individually packed or grouped on a wooden pallet and wrapped. In the truck it will be ensured a protection against shocks. It is not advisable to transport in uncovered cars if the weather is unfavorable.
It should be taken into account that the temperature inside the car must not exceed 65 ᵒC.
During transport the fire damper door will be in the closed position.
Check the fire dampers at the goods arrival to see if there is any damage. In case of finding any damage or lack, please contact immediately the shipping company and the supplier.
For storage there are not required special conditions, but it is recommended a dry place and away from direct sunlight. The storage temperature cannot degrade the fire dampers, but it should be taken into account not to exceed 65 degrees C. At 72 degrees C the thermal sensor is triggered, if this happens, it will be necessary to replace it.
Before starting the mounting proper, please read these directions for installation.
The mounting should be carried out by qualified personnel, such as electricians, HVAC technicians, or persons with technical knowledge.
The fire dampers are mounted on ventilation ducts, at the wall bushings through the walls defining the fire compartments.
The opening fill will be carried with basaltic mineral wool (having a density between 140 -180 kg/m3 – e.g. 30 mm ROCKWOOL mineral wool) and the outer sides will be finished with common finishing items (drywall, plaster putty – e.g. Rigips).
Phase 1. Hole in the wall is made with sizes of 100 mm larger than the size of the FD-EI 120S fire damper.
Phase 2. Place a layer of mineral wool (density between 120-140 kg/m3 – e.g. ROCKWOOL mineral wool) of 30 mm thickness. Above it put the FD-EI120S fire damper.
Phase 3. The mounting of the FD-EI120S fire damper inside a construction element should be made so as,when closed, the blade to be in front of it. Fire damper case is fixing to the support construction (wall) by galvanized wood screws (5x140mm). Space between screws is 600mm.
Phase 4. Fill the remaining gap with basaltic mineral wool.
Phase 5. For finishing, cover the area between the wall and fire damper with strips of cardboard gypsum of minimum 100 mm width. For cold sealing, apply joint paste (like NevPanel Joint Paste) to the joint area between the cardboard gypsum and the fire damper.
Phase 6. Following the installation, check that fire damper is functioning properly.
In order to ensure the correct and uninterrupted operation, the FD-EI120S type fire dampers must be inspected and operated regularly.
Rectangular fire dampers require an execution of service verifications every six months.
Each verification of the rectangular fire dampers shall be completed with an adequate report.
Controls recommended for fire dampers
|Operation / task
|Fire damper reference
|Checking the damages related to the wiring of the actuating mechanism (if appropriate)
|Checking for damages related to the end switch wiring (if applicable)
|Checking the fire damper cleanliness and cleaning if necessary.
|Checking the condition of the blades and seals, correcting and recording if necessary.
|Confirming the functioning of the safety closing of the fire damper according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
|Confirming the opening and closing of the fire damper with the help of the control system and by visual observation of the fire damper, correcting and recording if necessary.
|Confirming the opening and closing of the end switches, correcting and recording(if applicable).
|Confirming whether the fire damper fulfills its role within the control system (if applicable).
|Confirming if the fire damper is in the normal operating position
Clapeții antifoc rectangulari fac parte integrată dintr-o instalație. Se recomandă să se controleze ansamblul sistemului conform cerințelor în materie de funcționare și de întreținere corespunzătoare instalației.
Durata de viață a clapeților antifoc rectangulari tip FD EI120S este de 25 de ani.