ELECTROMAGNET SMOKE CONTROL DAMPERS SD-EI120S
The smoke control dampers are used in ventilation and air conditioning installations from office buildings, industrial buildings, commercial spaces, hospitals, auditoriums and competition halls.
The dampers for the control of smoke and hot gases are used in smoke and hot gas control systems as measures of venting smoke and for lowering the number of fire-resistant pipes and fans.
The system for smoke and hot gas control can evacuate the smoke either by using fire resistant fans or by natural ventilation.
The pipes on which smoke control dampers are mounted generally serve several fire compartments. The systems can be used exclusively for smoke evacuation or can be part of a mixed system of ventilation/exhaust.
The dampers open at the request of the fire prevention installation, with the help of an electromagnet. These must fulfill the following conditions: smoke and hot gas tightness, mechanical stability and maintain their cross-section.
Depending on the scenario for fire and placing, the smoke control dampers acts so:
1. remain closed, in which case it insulates the respective compartment from the hot gases that are exhausted through the column on which the damper is mounted;
2. open at the occurrence of the event in order to allow the suction of smoke and hot gases from the enclosure;
3. open at the appearance of the smoke for its atmospheric evacuation and for fresh air intake.
Our company produces rectangular smoke dampers for the control of smoke and hot gases which are:
- Tested according to EN 1366-2: 2015 standard
- Classified according to EN 13501-4 up to EI 120 Ved S1000 AA C300
- CE certified pursuant to EN 12101-8
- Air leakages in accordance with EN 1751, class 4
- CE marking
- Any direction of air flow
- Corrosion protection according to EN 15650;
DESCRIPTION OF THE CONSTRUCTION
The damper for smoke control is made of one or two doors made of class A fireproof material with a 27 mm thickness, environmentally friendly building material, the magnesium oxide plate is strong and resistant thanks to the very strong connections between the magnesium atoms and oxygen which form magnesium oxide crystals (with the chemical formula MgO).
In order to increase the resistance on the door, metal reinforcement profiles are added, the forces to which the door can be subjected being able to reach up to 100 Kg.
The doors are mounted in a housing made of the same material, with a thickness of 15 mm and provided on both sides with metal flanges for connecting pipes or mounting the grid of wire mesh.
Between the housing and the doors there is a gasket that expands at high temperature, ensuring the sealing of the damper in case it must stay closed.
The actuation is achieved by an electromagnet. The normal position of the door ( as long as it has electric voltage) is closed, when the power supply is interrupted door will open, allowing the smoke and hot gases to blow off from the fire compartment.
The spring hinges that ensure the opening are made of 1.5 mm steel.
The side on which the electromagnet and the connection box are located is protected by a grid made of wire mesh. This grid also ensures the protection of the personnel who would happen to be in the area during a fire, by preventing the possible touching of hot parts. This version exists in case the hot gas flows through the other side of the damper and the damper remains in the closed position according to the fire scenario.
INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR SIZE
Usual dimensions – horizontal(X); vertical (Y) – according to the table:
Upon the customer’s request, there can be made atypical dimensions or 2-door dampers where normally a single door is used to block the fire.
To know the size of the smoke damper, on the X or Y axis, calculate the inner dimension + 60 mm, representing the outer flange.
The depth of smoke damper frame is 180 mm.
DECLARATION OF PERFORMANCE
|The unique code of the product||SD-EI120S|
|Purpose||The smoke control damper are used in ventilation and air conditioning installations in 3 states:
1. They close for stopping the spread of smoke following a possible fire through the ventilation and air conditioning pipes, for 120 minutes;
2. They open to allow the absorption of fresh air;
3. They open to evacuate the smoke from the room.
|Manufacturer||SBI Steel Industry SRL, Aurel Vlaicu street, no.13, Ilfov, Romania|
|Declaration of Performance according to EN 12101-8 standard||Fire resistance according to EN 1366-2 and classifications accorindg to EN 13501-4|
The tests were performed according to the standard EN 1366-2:2015;
Classification according EN 13501-4 up to EI 120 Ved S1000 AA C300;
Certificate CE according EN 12101-8;
Air leaks according to EN 1751, class 4;
Where the symbols represents:
- SD – smoke damper for smoke control and hot gases, section rectangular
- E – smoke resistant
- I – fire protection
- 120 – resistance to smoke and hot gases for 120 minutes
- Ve – smoke damper is closing vertically
- Ho – smoke damper is closing horizontally
- I <-> o – sense of protection insurance: interior -> exterior and exterior <- interior
- S1000 – smoke tightness
- C300 – the number of cycles at which the product was tested
- AA – automated control
- B – width of the fire damper (mm)
- H – height of the smoke control damper (mm)
– The dampers are made of fireproof material class A and consist of one or two doors, the frame being made of the same material, metal flanges for assembly.
– Air flow – until 13460 m3/h at 12 m/s
– Air leakages through the C-class housing according to EN 1751
– Air leakages with Class 4 closed blade according to EN 1751
– Rezistență la coroziune în conformitate cu EN 15650
– The permeability degree is according to IPX 4
– As concerns the danger of electric shock, the products belong to the following
- Class III (low voltage) for shock absorbers with 24 V power supply;
- The smoke control dampers may not be mounted in enclosures or air channels with the danger of explosion, air pipes for flammable or explosive mixtures.
- The dampers are intended for use in non-aggressive environments, with an air temperature between -20 ° C and + 60 ° C and a relative humidity of up to 80%.
OPERATING TYPE FOR SMOKE DAMPER
To operate the opening of smoke damper doors our company equips the product with electromagnet.
The power supply voltage is 12V or 24V and include a status signal component. Upon the customer’s request, it is possible to be used another supply voltage.
Maximum consumption 300mA at 12V or 150mA at 24V, depending on the size of the damper.
DELIVERY AND ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTS
The delivery of smoke control dampers will only take place accompanied by the following documents:
– Document of origin
– Certificate of conformity issued by the manufacturer
– Declaration of performance according to the Construction Products Regulation
– Directions for installation
– Maintenance and operating directions
On the fire damper it is attached the product label specifying the product identification data (sizes, batch series, manufacturing date), as well as the CE marking number.
Delivery will be made individually or grouped on the pallet, depending on the number and the volume occupied by the smoke dampers.
The beneficiary has to check the compliance of these data with those of the ordered product.
The warranty period of the product is 24 months from the date of signing without objection the document of origin (delivery note and/or invoice), but not more than 65 months from the delivery, subject to putting into operation according to the technical documentation and compliance with the conditions of transport, handling, storage and assembly according to the directions, as well as to carrying out periodic maintenance of a period of maximum 6 months.
- Handling of the product will be done manually, while complying with the labor protection norms regarding the weight and the protection equipment required for handling.
- The transport will be carried out in such a manner that during the loading/unloading and travelling it is not allowed to strike, bend or destroy the product.
- The product storage will be made in specially arranged places until the date of assembly. The storage area will be protected from the action of atmospheric agents.
- The assembly, operation and periodic verifications of the product/spare part will only be executed by qualified or authorized personnel.
- During the warranty period, there will be borne all costs incurred withfixing theproduct broken-down due to hidden material defects or manufacturing defectsthat can be proven.
- Notification of the producer by the beneficiary concerning the defect of the product within the guarantee time limit will be in writing (letter or fax) or by e-mail with the highlighting of the defect type as detailed as possible.
- It can be also provided guarantee against a fee for the repaired products or spare parts which are outside the warranty period.
The guarantee right will be lost if the beneficiary:
- Damages the product during transport or due to improper handling;
- Damages the product due to thermal, mechanical or plastic actions caused by fire, mechanical tensions, weathering or assembly not in compliance with the manufacturer’sinstructions or the norms and laws in force, applicable in the field of construction;
- Operates the product in humid, corrosive environments, excess dust, limit temperatures, other than those for which it was designed;
- The product is operated by other persons than the trained/qualified or authorized personnel;
- The beneficiary is advised that, for the proper functioning of the product, to ensure the execution of regular maintenance operations, respectively checking the integrity and functionality of the components.
STORAGE AND TRANSPORT
For transport the smoke control dampers will be individually packed or grouped on a wooden pallet and wrapped. In the truck it will be ensured a protection against shocks. It is not advisable to transport in uncovered cars if the weather is unfavorable.
During transport, the dampers for smoke control must be in the closed position.
Check the smoke control dampers at the goods arrival to see if there is any damage. In case it is found any damage or lack, please contact immediately the shipping company and the supplier.
For the storage of the damper a longer time please have in view the following:
– Protect the damper from exposure to dust or other contaminating materials;
– Do not leave it exposed to the action of the weather;
– Keep the damper packed as much as possible, if possible, until the assembly;
– Storage temperature -30 / 60 degrees C.
Before starting the mounting properly, please read these directions for installation.
The assembly should be carried out by qualified personnel, such as electricians, HVAC technicians, or persons with technical knowledge.
Before mounting, the damper will be checked visually if during transport and storage it has or not not been damaged or if there are no materials or debris inside it that could affect the damper functioning.
It will be checked manually if the closing system is functioning properly.
Before mounting it will be checked that the two dimensions of the air passage section, the width and the height of the damper be identical to that of the piping where it will be mounted.
The dampers are mounted on the ventilation ducts and / or at the passaing through the walls that define the fire compartments.
Depending on the size of smoke damper, mounting holes and openings in walls will be made accoring to it.
Before installation, each damper is inspected visually and checking that the door / doors open without any friction.
The smoke damper is fixed to the duct through the metal flange.
In case of wall mounting, it is necessary a wall mounting flange. This is mounted before the smoke damper. To this frame the smoke damper is attached through it is own flange. The wall mounting flange is delivered separately.
Following the installation, check that damper is functioning properly.
WAYS OF MOUNTING DEPENDING OF THE SUPPORT STRUCTURE
1. The smoke damper can be mounted on the ventilation duct as the end of it.
In this case it will evacuate the smoke and hot gases from the room.
The damper is mounted on the ventilation duct by means of screws, M8 nuts and screw clamps (vises), after mounting to the connection flange the high temperature resistant sealing tape or high resistant silicone. After installation, a layer of RF mineral wool 120 minutes will be applied on the body of the smoke damper according to the drawing.
2. On the side of the ventilation duct.
There are two use cases in this position of the damper.
Case 1, in which the damper remains closed. In this way isolates the room from the rest of the ducts, blocking the circulation of smoke or fresh air through the respective smoke damper.
Case 2, in which the damper opens, allowing the smoke and hot gas to exhaust from the room or bringing fresh air into the area.
The mounting is performed similar to the first position of the damper, the difference being the position on the duct ventilation.
3. On smoke exhaust house.
The smoke damper is used to take over and evacuate the smoke and hot gases from the fire area, at the other levels isolating the outside area from the hot smoke flowing through smoke exhaust house.
In the first phase of wall mounting, a hole in the wall will be made, which is 150 mm larger than the X and Y dimensions of the damper. For mounting, place the smoke control damper on a mineral wool bed (density between 120-140 kg / m3 – ex ROCKWOOL mineral wool) of 50 mm. Fill the remaining sides with mineral wool. Damper is covered perimetrically with finish elemts that are fire resistant plates. The damper is mounted on the ventilation duct by means of screws, M8 nuts and screw clamps (clamps), after mounting to the connection flange the high temperature resistant sealing tape or high resistant silicone.
4. Inside exterior walls for fresh air supply and smoke evacuation.
In the first phase of wall mounting, a hole in the wall will be made, which is 150 mm larger than the X and Y dimensions of the damper. A mounting flange will be used which will be fixed to the wall. On this flange the flange of smoke damper will be mounted as in the case of mounting on smoke exhaust house. The support structure must have at least the same fire protection as desired for the smoke control damper.
In order to ensure the correct and uninterrupted operation, theSD-E120 dampers trebuie must be inspected and operated regularly.
Rectangular smoke control dampers require an execution of service verifications every six months.
Controls recommended for smoke control dampers
|Checking the damages related to the wiring of the actuating mechanism (if appropriate)|
|Checking for damages related to the end switch wiring (if applicable)|
|Checking the fire damper cleanliness and cleaning if necessary.|
|Checking the condition of the dors and seals, correcting and recording if necessary.|
|Confirming the functioning of the safety opening of the smoke control damper according to the manufacturer’s instructions.|
|Confirming the opening and closing of the damperby means of the control system and by visual observation of the damper, correcting and recording if necessary.|
|Confirming the opening and closing of the end switches, correcting and recording(if applicable).|
|Confirming whether the damper fulfills its role within the control system (if applicable).|
|Confirming if the fire damper is in the normal operating position.|
Each check of the rectangular smoke control dampers shall be ended with an appropriate protocol.
Rectangular smoke control dampers are an integral part of an installation. It is recommended to check the system assembly according to the requirements for operating and maintenance corresponding to the installation.
The lifetime of SD EI120S rectangular smoke control dampers is 25 years.